I guess, lesson 12 concludes the classroom experience of TWC.
We saw the following topics :
1) Epidemic Management
2) Technology and Sports
3) Crowd Platform
4) Green Technology.
My thoughts on them :
1)Epidemic Management
I quite liked the idea of using Game Theory. To reach the nash equilibrium by making sure all the parties reach their most desired outcome. Since computers are getting better at number-crunching, more variables can be added to ensure more factors are taken into consideration.
In this world, we recognise that resource allocation may be very sensitive and subjective between everyone, but such an application of Game Theory might reduce conflicts.
2) Technology and Sports
Given the advent of new technology, I guess the most valuable aspect is the health of the sportsmen. The nature of competitive sports is so much so that injuries are common, and can be life-threatening, or repeated instances could render their body into becoming more injury-prone in the future.
However, medical science improved so much that we see new methods for treatment, which has also allowed for faster and better healing, which also results in lesser repercussions and short downtime.
3) Crowd Platform
A wonderful way to reach out to the masses! I think crowd platform is a good way to garner support from zero. With the endorsements of renowned firms to authenticate the quality of proposal, it will surely put more investments at ease.
I feel that it has the potential to reduce frauds. Let's say that my project is so good that so many people buy my idea, why would I be motivated to escape with the loot? I might as well make use of it, to grow more money out of the project!
4) Green Technology
We do not see a lot of green in Singapore, as compared to when we travel to other countries. Given the advantages of cleaner air, a more conducive environment and a better sight for the eyes, it would surely be nice to see more green around.
I felt that there is already an emphasis by Singapore building's architecture to include as much greens as possible. However, some of these aspects might get too ornamental such that the use of greens might be in artificial forms like plastic. There is also a hassle to water the plants and to maintain it, and may keep some bugs as pets, as opposed to an artificial plant without maintenance at all.
Perhaps one day when Green technology can materialise, make planting a much easier and cleaner chore, make clean car exhausts, and harness natural energy from the Sun, we have a few big headaches gone from our woes!
No comments:
Post a Comment